Meet the TAFF Team
Dr Jamee Kennedy
- BFA in Theatre, MA and EdD in Higher Education with an emphasis in performance
- Directed in both professional and Educational Theatre
- Past theatre Instructor for both AISD and ACC
- Author of The Process of Acting: The Beginning Steps
- Directing Debut for Swimmer Girls at the Reel Women Showcase at SXSW ‘05
- Past board member of Reel Women
- Casting Assistant for Second Hand Lions, Spy Kids III, PBS Photo Novellas, Bad Santa, among others
- Attends Austin Stone Community Church
- Marketing and sales executive for 15 years in both private and public sectors for B2B and B2C markets. Industry includes: film, music, television, aviation, sports and high-tech
- Publicist and PR lead for celebrity actor Dennis Quaid’s Annual Celebrity Charity Event in Austin, TX
- Co-producer of several television programs and events at ME Television Network
- Packaged music video distribution for both national and international television markets
- Shared recipient of Telly Award (documentary) and Austin Addy Award (commercial PSA)
- Created sales business expansions in International markets; including Dubai and Mexico
- Led sales teams and secured national brand sponsors and advertisers for television and events.
- Founder of The Rotan Group, an outsourced marketing and PR agency for start-up’s and small business organizations creating and executing marketing plans
- Attends Christian Life Church
- Community Church Superfund Project Manager at the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality
- Consultant to Kamico Instructional Media, a multi-media educational publishing company
- Leadership Team for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society Team in Training
- Attends Austin Stone Community Church
- Bachelor of Fine Arts degree emphasis in theatre from Florida International University in Miami. Attended Southern Methodist University
- Attended Texas State University in San Marcos, and earned a Provisional Elementary Certificate for Theatre Arts
- Earned bilingual certification, Student taught in Pachuca, Mexico, at La Escuela Americana, and at Travis Heights Elementary taught theatre and directed a few children’s plays
- The Attic Film Festival since 2009; instrumental in helping TAFF screen Nicholas Winton: The Power of Good
- Past TAFF board member as Marketing Director responsible for promoting and acquiring sponsorships
Cheryl Bond Danks
- Involved in the Texas Motion Picture Film Alliance, assisting in providing jobs with the Texas media industry
- Founded KRD Media Group, LLC in association with Brock/Allen Casting providing casting, production and support services to the Texas media industry
- The KRD Media Group team have assisted in the production services of The Redemption of Henry Myers, Hoovey, Parkland, Line of Duty, There will Be Blood and projects with HBO, ABC, BBC America, ESPN, National Geographic, PBS, the Discovery Channel, as well as national commercials and several independent films
- Austin Film Society volunteer
- Bachelor of Fine Arts in Graphic Design from Auburn University
- Past Senior Content Editor, Current Graphic Designer for social media startup, TextureMedia, Inc.
- ESL tutor for the South Korean-American company Our English Notebook
- 2014 Top Austin Model
- Partner of Austin Stone Community Church
- Writes, speaks and equips women to go deeper with God in their hearts and minds to live unwasted lives (fabsharford.com)
- Graduated from The University of York with a degree in English and Related Literature
- Worked on staff with The Austin Film Festival for 11 seasons in various roles including: accounting, The Young Filmmakers Program Director, Marketing Director, Assistant Director
- Has been on the Board of The Austin Film Festival for the past 8 years
- Oversees The Austin Stone Community Church movie nights: seeking to integrate culture and faith
- Has taught multiple courses on the intersection of art and faith
- Director of Women¹s Training at The Austin Stone Community Church from 2007-2014
- Attends Red River Church, Austin (Angel Tree coordinator, Compassion International spokesperson, Children’s Church Elementary Assistant)
- Current Employment: Prime-Time at The Container Store; Personal Assistant for R.K. Sinclair; TAFF
- Married 36 years to Bob; proud mother to four
- Home Educator
- Austin Disaster Relief Network volunteer
- Attends Austin Ridge Bible Church
- Experience as a Teacher‘s Assistant and Children’s Ministry Leader.
- Experience in designing sets, directing, and performing in many church and school productions.
- Member of AMTC in Dallas (Actors, Models, Talent for Christ).
- Performed in commercials on Spanish language networks (Univision, Unimax) and in the local and general market: HEB, Texas Health Resources, Luminess, Vital Arts and Science.
- She loves to travel and enjoys watching movies with her family.
- Her desire is to support Christian film and TV productions, along with those promoting moral character and family values.
- Software developer for scientific and commercial applications
- Successful software start-up Executive, with a career that has spanned 3 decades
- Founder, CEO and/or President of 6 successful companies
- Served, or has serving, on the Board of Directors of 3 technology companies
- Served, or is serving, as an advisory to the CEO of 10 other technology companies
- Huge fan of the San Antonio Spurs and the Boston Red Sox
- Attends Austin Stone Community Church
Meet the TAFF Board of Directors
Marjorie (Marj) & Mark McClain
Mark McClain has worked in the technology field for almost 30 years. After a decade at IBM and HP in sales and marketing, he joined Tivoli Systems in Austin, eventually becoming VP of Marketing. Along with Bill Kennedy (a fellow TAFF Board member) and two other good friends, he co-founded Waveset in 2000, where he served as President. Waveset was acquired in 2003 by Sun Microsystems, where he went on to serve as VP of Software Marketing. In 2005, he co-founded SailPoint, which has become an industry leader in the Enterprise Identity Management software market. As CEO, Mark is honored to lead a team of almost 400 incredibly talented people who make work seem like fun. He has also been an elder at Grace Covenant Church for over 10 years, and serves on other company and non-profit boards in Austin. He has been (very) happily married to Marj for over 28 years, and, along with her, celebrates the blessings of a son, two daughters, a daughter-in-law, a son-in-law, and the world’s cutest granddaughter. He is excited about the possibilities that lie ahead for TAFF, including the potential for helping develop and promote films whose purpose is to convey the story of God’s redemptive work in the world.
Marjorie (Marj) McClain has been a homemaker for over 26 years. After earning a BA in Anthropology from Pitzer College, part of the prestigious Claremont College system, she worked for a few years in administrative roles. With the birth of her first child, she chose to primarily devote her energy and talent to raising her family. She has raised three exceptional children, which also included volunteering for untold hours of service at various school, church, and athletic functions, and attending a few thousand sporting events, music concerts, and various other extracurricular activities. She managed all this while keeping her husband, Mark (a fellow TAFF Board Member), extremely happy. She cares deeply about using the medium of film to share the Christian message of redemption and hope, and is honored to be a part of the team helping guide TAFF.
Ali & Dave Dlouhy
The Dlouhy’s are long time Austin residents, having moved to Austin in the 80’s from the Silicon Valley. Dave has worked in Business Development for semiconductor materials manufacturers around the world. His business experience helps the Attic Film Fest in further development with an eye towards international exposure. Dave is involved in a number of different activities revolving around personal and business development–mentoring young adults, developing a summer camp in central Mexico that serve local churches, and working with local groups to aid in Colonias along the US/Mexico border. Dave is actively retired and spends time at high performance driving events at race tracks around the area.
Ali Dlouhy is a former Pre-school / Special Education teacher. She remains active as a teacher working with spouses of foreign students at the University of Texas to develop English language skills. She leads small groups of women in study, assisting in the development of their own Christian walk and involvement in their sphere of influence. Ali and Dave joyously celebrating the arrival of their twin grandchildren.
Monique & Clayton Miller
Clayton Miller is known for two short film projects in 2008 - Forgive Me and Director’s Cut. Forgive Me has since earned much critical acclaim with various awards including, “Best of Festival” at the Gulf Coast Film Fest, “Best Short,” “Best Film Overall,” and “Audience Favorite” at the 2010 Attic Film Festival in Austin, Texas. The film also received “Runner-up Best Short Film” and “Best Actor” at the 2010 Gideon Film Festival in North Carolina. In 2012 Clayton co-wrote and directed the western feature film, The Redemption of Henry Myers (EchoLight Studios) which had its world premiere on the Hallmark Movie Channel in March 2014. Currently, Clayton is the writer and director of several feature film projects that are in various stages of development. He and his wife Monique live in Austin, Texas with their four beautiful daughters.